Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

worried about my sons mental development

My son is 32 months old Im currently trying to potty train and teach him his colors and numbers. while talking to my son all he does is repeat what I'm saying, it is very frustrating and sometimes I cant help but to cry. Should I be worried about my son's mental development? hellooo?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 6 years ago.
I would like to help but require some more information.

Does your son at all try to say something on his own? For example when he wants something what does he do/so? If so how many worded sentences does he use? Or is the only thing he ever say repeated after you?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

He actually speaks very well. when he wants something he just ask he say please and thank you he ususally speak with complete sentences its just when asked a question he repeats whatever my last word is

Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 6 years ago.
Your child's mental and language development appears quite normal, and there does not seem to be any reason for worry. The fact that he can talk in complete sentences indicates his normal learning and cognitive ability. Kids usually learn the concept of "two" by the age of three. And it is not unusual if he is not able to understand and learn different colors at his age. So do not worry, and let him play with his toys which should be age appropriate for him.