Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I have had lap band surgery. Its been 2 years since the surgery

I have had lap band surgery. It's been 2 years since the surgery and I still get sick on many foods and often one food might be okay today and tomarrow I will getsick on it or worse yet I girgle and my stomach is upset and i fight the urge to get sick. I went to a blog on lap band and it seemed to be true in some peoples cases. Do you have any advise on what I could try differently or some remady you may of heard of? Thanks this has really change my desire to eat and any enjoyment I might have even socially when we dine out.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thanks for the question. I am happy to help you tonight.

Do you notice that you have these symptoms worse when you eat certain foods?

Do you still have your gall bladder?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The foods have no pattern I could have a piece of grilled chicken tonight and have it again tomarow and get sick.

My gaul bladder was removed 2 years before the lap band proceedure.

Ok, thanks for replying back.

Unfortunately nausea and vomiting with gastric banding is very common. There is not remedy for the nausea and vomiting unless you have the band removed. The best thing to do is to avoid things like apple skins, or raw vegetables, or anything that is hard to digest. Also remember that with a smaller stomach, you may neglect to drink fluids and this can lead to nausea from dehydration. So, make sure you drink plenty of fluids even if in small amounts. Also, watch your fiber intake. Fiber can make you feel bloated and that can also lead to nausea and vomiting. The use of probiotics might help, you can give them a try.