Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

there any alternatives to steroids to accelerate muscle growth..back

Are there any alternatives to steroids to accelerate muscle growth? Please don't answer back with eating right, sleeping and eating well or something generic and obvious. I'm looking for specific products. Thanks!
Category: Health
Expert:  Family Physician replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately, despite lots of claims made by the numerous products on the market, there is no scientific evidence supporting any claims that supplements of any kind are going to increase muscle strength, increase muscle strength or provide "definition" of muscles.

Anabolic steroids will increase muscle size, however as I am sure you know, there are issues with these being illegal and most importantly DANGEROUS.

I do see that you have tried creatine in the past. This particular substance may have some minimal benefit in reducing fatigue in muscles during training, and is relatively safe. It does not however "build muscle" in the same way as steroids, and the benefits (if any) are rather small.

I wish I could give you what you are asking for, but there really isn't something that meets the goal that you are expecting.