Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I had 2 panic attacks and went to ER over 2 years ago. I was

I had 2 panic attacks and went to ER over 2 years ago. I was using Lexapro 1 year and
got better. Now the symptoms are coming back, I had 2 times heart palpitations, difficulty
with breading and I feel anxious. I have left over lexapro for over 2 weeks, should I start
to take again?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 6 years ago.
Lexapro will be good option for you, but you should only start the medication after getting an okay form your doctor. You can either call your doctor's office to ask this, most likely a visit would not be required. Your doctor, however, may ask you to come for a visit, and he may want to examine you to rule out other conditions such as Arrhythmias, before prescribing, since its been over a year since he last prescribed this for you.
Regards.