A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Hello, I was a lot stressed and tense due to the loss of

I was a lot stressed and tense due to the loss of a family member. I wanted to get a massage. I went to a Chinese body works location, which came highly recommended. It was not enjoyable to me because they went deep and pressingly hard. It hurt throughout the entire process. About 10 minutes after, my back started hurting. Today, my back still hurts, now my abdomen has a mild discomfort. My question (finally) is, can they actually hurt my organs? It maybe be a dumb question but, I am worried that they could have. I fell extreme fatigue. Please shed some light. Thanks.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Massage is unable to hurt your interior organs. The worst it will do is cause some sore muscles and perhaps bruising. You will need to see your doctor to determine what is wrong. Possibly it is just a reaction to all the stress of your family loss causing the pain and fatigue. It can often cause physical as well as mental symptoms. Your doctor would also run blood tests to check for things like anemias and thyroid problems.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX 4 months prior to the death, I had anxiety issues and I was given a thyroid test and the results was normal. Could this trigger recent thyroid issues? And it if was abnormal, could that be a sign of something more serious, that would suggest further testing?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
testing?

Blood tests would determine either anemia or thyroid issues, although it would be highly unlikely to develop a thyroid problem if your numbers were good just a few months ago. You are most likely having a reaction to the death that has increased the anxiety issues you were already having. If you are not currently on medication you should see your doctor for a refill.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no meds. They didnt think my case was caused for serious alarm. Thanks!
You're very welcome.