Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

my feet are burning inside but they feel cold outside. bothers

my feet are burning inside but they feel cold outside. bothers me all the time day and night. I do not have athlete's feet. my wife checked them over and there's no apparent outside reason for this condition.

These symptoms are likely due to the the sensory fiber neuropathy or nerve related symptoms.

Another possibility is plantar fasciitis or inflammation of the feet.

This can be from diabetes, thyroid disorder, vitamin B12 deficiency, lower spine disease or compression of nerves at your ankle level due to the long standing job.

You can try stretching exercises of the feet which are very helpful.

This is the link for the demonstration of these exercises:

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yes I have diabetes and am 60 yrs old. I don't believe its plantar fascitis as that usually presents in one foot not both and is most apparent getting out of bed first thing. it's not painful to walk, just burns

what can be done with neuopathy?

Because of your diabetes, this is likely neuropathy.

This is challenging.

First of all, you need to tightly control your blood sugar to prevent any further damage to the nerves.

Medications like gabapentin (Neurontin) or pregabalin (Lyrica) may be helpful in relieving your symptoms.

These medications do not cure the neuropathy, but make your symptoms less improving quality of life.

You should consult with a neurologist for relevant testing.