Just to elaborate my recent discomfort :
1. Started feeling the twitch on my right thigh (from right buttocks to thigh) one week ago
2. Happens always at night while on the bed going to sleep. Less occurences when walking
3. Yes, history of stress
4. Recently, before this twitching episode, felt some pain right lower back (just above buttocks) after washing my fish pond at home. Come to think of it, the twitch started the same night.
5. Used to drink lots of alcohol but stopped a year back.
6. Not really taking regular medication, but recently saw doctor for stomach flu and gas/wind. I actually suspect the tremendous wind in my stomach (constant problem of mine) is causing the twitch. I also use some cream to manage my piles problem (usually after going to toilet, I washed and "push it back in" and really no pain whatsoever)
Hope this is useful.
In the meantime you should take OTC motrin.Take Calcium and vitamin D with a supplement of magnesium and zinc a day. Gatorade, can help as it contain electrolytes.Take Multivitamin containing Vitamin B complex.
Isn't the above too much medication/supplement to take???