A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist

is there a cure for overexposier to paint fumes and a pill

Customer Question

is there a cure for overexposier to paint fumes and a pill to take for it
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Overexposure to fumes can cause anything from irritation to chemical pneumonia. For just irritation there is no pill. One should ventilate the painted area, and get as much fresh air as possible. The person's body takes care of the problem. If chemical pneumonia occurs, sputum can be cultured and the proper medication given by tablet if some bacteria grow. Otherwise, fresh air, and perhaps a breathing treatment if the person is having trouble breathing would be the prescription.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you for the answer im still concerned with the overexposer effect is that the symptoms are as follows vertigo,loss of awearness,blurred vision,and loss of consentration at times is there a medicine for this or is this part of depression that is labled on the can thank you

It takes a lot of overexposure to cause any side effects lasting more than 24 hours. If the side effects are actually related to overexposure, then it is the side effects that are treated. For example if the person has chemical pneumonia, the pneumonia is treated. Vertigo, loss of awareness, blurred vision, loss of concentration aren't common symptoms even from prolonged exposure at very high concentrations. There is no way to tell what is causing the symptoms without an examination by a health care provider.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
not being disrespectrial but i have been exposed one time by painting a car and the sytems lasted for over 2 years and in my opinion its side afect was from prolong paint fumes and it caused cronic depression and what gets me is the gov allows this to continue to sell the product this is rong thank you for your answer to my question but i figured the cure on my own but needed a little more research from your side thank you eric

Hello, Eric,

I would suggest you consult your doctor for an examination to determine exactly what is causing your symptoms. A one-time exposure to paint fumes won't cause depression. I am assuming that by "sytems" you actually mean symptoms. You can't get a diagnosis by "researching" stuff for yourself online, and no one can give you a diagnosis online. That is impossible. You have to actually see a medical professional in person for an examination. Your disrespect is noted and excused, since you have no way of knowing these facts.