Pauline
Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

In my stomach I can feel something rolling around on the left

In my stomach I can feel something rolling around on the left side. When I go to bed, depending on what side I turn on it shifts from the left to the right. It doesn't bother me, I am not in pain but I am concern because I am wondering does it have something to do with my stomach getting round as if I am pregnant but I know that is not the case. I also notice during my cycle there is heavy bleeding and with it comes out something that looks like clunks of raw liver (I'm not sure how to describe it) sometimes I can feel pressure at the bottom of my stomach and I have a discharge issue. Is it normal to discharge multiple times throughout the day. I can't afford health insurance for further examination. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 4 years ago.

Hello, how many days do you have a heavy period each month?

How would you describe the discharge...color, odor, consistency etc?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My cycle last between 5 to 7 days. It is heavy for the first 3 to 4 days. For the most part the discharge is pale yellow in color but oderless. I have seen it maybe once or twice dark green.
Expert:  Pauline replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the extra information. I am afraid that this discharge does warrant seeing a doctor or finding a not-for-profit clinic. A yellow or green discharge suggests a bacterial infection which would need an appropriate antibiotic. If not treated then puts you at risk of pelvic inflammatory disease.

With the swollen abdomen then a physical examination or ultrasound scan would be needed to determine whether there was fluid in the abdomen which would shift when moving position, or even a large ovarian cyst which would give a one sided pelvic mass.

The tissue is clotted blood/lining of the uterus and is common in heavy periods however a check of your hemoglobin would be good to exclude anemia due to heavy bleeding.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Should I be concern with the clotted blood/lining or will it go away over time?
Expert:  Pauline replied 4 years ago.
Clotted blood simply means heavy bleeding. This is normal for many women but can lead to anemia. Prescription of several drugs, or insertion of a Mirena coil may reduce the flow and so prevent this clotting. If there has been a recent change to the pattern of bleeding then a thyroid function test is often useful.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If fluid is around the abdomen how would a physican remove it? It feels like a ball is in my stomach about the size a golf size floating around. Also I have tried stomach crunches to help flaten it and I would have to stop after a few because it feels like everything shifts up towards my chest area.
Expert:  Pauline replied 4 years ago.

If there is free fluid in the abdomen then your doctor will detect this will abdominal examination (plus scan in some cases). Your doctor will then want to investigate the cause of the fluid and you may need blood tests to look at liver function, or a scan to look at ovaries.

Once the cause has been identified then the fluid is drawn off with a drain inserted, although it may return depending on the cause.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank for your help. I hope that this is something minor as with a bacteria infection (maybe not even that) and can be cleared with medication. Thanks again, you were very informative.
Expert:  Pauline replied 4 years ago.

If the discharge is bacterial infection, then it is easily tested and treated.

If this was helpful, please remember to click 'accept' so that I am credited for the time.

Best wishes

Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.