Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

my lower throat hurts, especially when I try to make a deep

my lower throat hurts, especially when I try to make a deep voice. Slightly when I swallow. I have no signs of a cold, and I feel a little more tired than usual. I am NOT coughing up any yellow green or blood. This started yesterday. I looked in the mirror at my tonsils, they seem red like anythigns else in my mouth. I do not have any bad breath.
Any ideas?

This can be due to laryngitis. Laryngitis or inflammation of vocal cord may occur in infection, in those who have to talk much or use their vocal cord more like singers. Other factors can be post nasal drip, reflux of acid , smoking etc. You should have an examination by doctor.The main part of the treatment in laryngitis is to give rest to the vocal cord as much as possible .Warm saline gargle can be tried too.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok, would I have any other symptoms of Laryngitis? Like I said, other than the vocal cords and the slight feeling of being tired. I have no other symptoms. I do have acid reflux and I did have a slight cought last night in bed. What else could this be Doctor?
Sometimes the symptoms can be mild. If it is due to reflux , then also there can be few other symptoms.The cause needs to be confirmed. Except laryngitis or pharyngitis an injury is a probability.

Any query, please ask.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Forgive me, I never done this before on the internet, I am unsure if there is a limit of question that I can ask. This might help to isolate my issue. When I was younger my dad used to put his hands on my throat to see if my tonsils are swallon, I have the same feeling like back then. Also, it hurts my upper chect when I take a deep breath. This all seems to focus on my lower throat neck like I said above. Does this change anything? According to my friend, my voice does not sound any different thna usual.
When you are feeling pain in chest on taking deep breath, it sounds more like an infection in the respiratory tract. Feeling of tiredness can be a symptom of this.

Any query, please ask.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, should I consult a GP for sure or wait X days to see if it clears up on its own?
When the chest is involved, I would suggest to take an appointment with your GP.

Any query, please ask.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok, i will make an appointment with my GP. Final question, will Ciprofloxacin 500MG treat either the laryngitis or the upper respority infection?
Though ciprofloxacin is also used for respiratory infection, but it is commonly used for gram negative infections. Please read this good resource
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Doctor, If you lived in the East Coast of Florida, I would gladly take you to the airport for free. I am sending payment now. Thanks so much. If its possible, I would like to inform you of the results from my GP...