Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice

I have a blister in my groin area, right on the crease of my

Customer Question

I have a blister in my groin area, right on the crease of my inner thigh. I had another last week. Both were painless and filled with clear liquid. Any thoughts on what this may be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 6 years ago.
Hello.Bullous pemphigoid disease is likely to give rise to blisters on the flexural creases like the inguinal area.They may also be caused in autoimmune disease like lupus,Urticaria,Dyshydrosis,Pemphigus and herpes gestationis.You need to see a dermatologist or a doctor who can examine the lesion and investigate and diagnose it.The treatment is likely to be specific to the disease.It may raely be secondary to a bacterial staph /strep infection or a fungal problem.You do need to be investigated for this as the problem is likely to be recurrent.