Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir Javed, Doctor
Experience:  Master in Internal medicine (London), MBBS, expert in health and fitness (six years experience)
16101430

my sugar is 390 and i took my medicine but it is still high

my sugar is 390 and i took my medicine but it is still high what should i do
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Amir Javed replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. I would like to have few details from you. You are having any symptoms such headache, drowsiness or palpitation or any thing else? This is the first time when your sugar level is so much high level? when did you took your medication for sugar?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

maybe a slight headache but nothing major no my level has been high once. i must admit i have not taken my medoicned as i should, I am taking glimpirides 4mg and metoformin 1000 mg once a day. i do feel a little tired. im scared. i phone my dr. but he is not in. his replacement is going to call me later, but i want to know what i can do now!

Thanks for your details. I have reviewed your symptoms & history in detail and come to the conclusion that blood sugar of 390mg/dl is a medical emergency, any sugar levels above 250mg/dl should be treated in ER because there is not any thing available OTC or at home which can bring your sugar normal. You need to visit ER at the earliest and they will take care of your sugar levels with the help of insulin mostly or other measures. Best wishes and dont delay to visit ER. Best wishes and drink plenty of fluids. Always make now your habit of taking medications for sugar levels regularly as prescribed.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed

Dr. Amir Javed, Doctor
Experience: Master in Internal medicine (London), MBBS, expert in health and fitness (six years experience)