Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

greenish discharge coming from my eye in the area..tear duct..lenses

I have a greenish discharge coming from my eye in the area of the tear duct. My eye is red and sore. I normally wear contact lenses, but have removed them. Do I need a prescription eye drop for infection? Are there things I can do at home to alleviate my symptoms until I can see a physician?
The symptoms are telling that you are probably having a bacterial eye infection.You need antibiotic drops to alleviate that for which you need to see your Physician.However,what you will do at home washing the eyes with plain water 5 times a day till you get an appointment.Use glasses till then and do not use lenses while eyes are infected.Moreover do proper cleaning of your lenses.
Regards,
Dr.Naeem