A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

how can I quickly make a black eye go away its been 4 day

Customer Question

how can I quickly make a black eye go away? its been 4 days
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. There really isn't a lot you can do to speed up your body's resorption of the blood under the skin, which is what a bruise is. Alternating warm and cool compresses may speed up blood flow a bit, but you are going to be having the black eye for at least a couple of weeks. There are many makeups you can use to cover it. Dermablend (found in large department stores or online) is one that can cover even severe scars and look natural.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

what if there is blood in the eye was well

The body will resorb it gradually over time. Actually the subconjunctival hemorrhage ("the blood in the eye") will probably fade before the skin around your eye completely clears up. It just has better blood flow.