Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

I have sever back pain that wraps around my waist (on both

Customer Question

I have sever back pain that wraps around my waist (on both sides). Urine test detects blood, but no infection. Doctor checked for Kidney stone but test was negative. I feel like someone i squeezing me, pressure around waist. pain radiating from both sides of back.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 years ago.

I would guess that your back pain likely is being caused by a spine problem with this distribution. A flattened disk may be leading to compression of nerve roots. If this is the case then certain positions of the back may make the pain worse or better. This would be a helpful clue as to the cause.

The blood in the urine is a separate issue I suspect. this will need follow up as well. Blood in the urine is classified into two major groups >>gross hematuria is where the blood is enough o alter the color of the urine. This will be tea colored if the gross hematuria is from the kidneys and red or pink if blood from the bladder. The second major subset is microscopic hematuria>> this is where the blood is not visible to the naked eye but apparent with higher than normal red cells detected on a microscopic level. The causes of these vary but further evaluation is typically needed to establish what the cause is. This may require further testing per a urologist or nephrologist.

I hope this information is helpful. Further questions are welcome. I will be happy to get back with you if you have others.If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to press the "ACCEPT" button. Thank You and Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD