Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

throat..my esophagus..pus on my tongue and tonsils i am on amoxicillin

i have had a feeling that something is stuck in my throat for 8 or 9 days went to the doctor and my esophugus was inflamed and red and a few white spots of pus on my tongue and tonsils i am on amoxicillin since sunday the 27th it doesnt bother me all the time it comes and goes i have no fever no cough my throat doesnt hurt and have no fever yesterday when i leaned over my head hurt as well as my neck i am afraid to eat scared to choke on something its not as red now as it was
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I am an ENT specialist & can help you.

Do you have one or more of the following symptoms.

Nasal obstruction

Nasal discharge

Fluid trickling in throat

Throat irritation

nasal bleeding

crackling in ears

regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no nasal discharge no nasal obstruction no crackling in ears no bleeding throat irritation not sure what you mean there
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.

It seems that you have either fungal infection of the throat or a bacterial one.

Bacterial is less likely because of lack of fever, moreover the feeling of something struck is because of probably the secretions which come from sinus.

You can use Nyastatin drops 6 drops three times a day for few days along with the treatment you are taking.

The positive thing is that the symptoms are responding to treatment.

just donot worry and continue with it.

If symptoms persist see your ENT doctor.

Click ACCEPT if you are satisfied.

Regards

Dr Hasan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
he also told me to use flonase and i am taking mucinex i am just worried i never had anything like this do you think a little more time and it will be okay also i have no trouble sleeping at night
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your input.

Flonase is given for nasal allergies, because nasal allergies can start the process of secretion production in sinuses and these are the secretions which stuck in your throat.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i just thought it was more serious like throat cancer even though i dont have any of the symptoms what foods should i eat and is this something that will last a little longer
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.
with this short history throat cancer is highly unlikely. So donot worry
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery