Alan Gibstein, M.D.
Alan Gibstein, M.D., Doctor
Experience:  Assistant Professor OB/GYN with 40 years of experience. Fellow of The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.

I have a boils on my genetal area on the outside skin of my

Customer Question

I have a boils on my genetal area on the outside skin of my penis and the outside skin of my testicles, and have a rash on my groin areas, occasionally i get a rash on my penis but when i had this checked previously it was diagnosed as Thrush, i seem to be itching my groin area but then this rash occasionally appears on my arms.
Category: Health
Expert:  Alan Gibstein, M.D. replied 6 years ago.

Dear JACUSTOMER-wfpk5xi2; Thrush very rarely causes boils unless someone is immunocompromised, such as in lymphoma, chemotherapy etc. But the chronic scratching can traumatize the skin and break down its protective barrier, making you susceptible to bacterial invasion from Strep or Streptococcus. The rash on your arms could be an "Id" reaction. But it has to been seen and tested. You should see a dermatologist for proper testing and treatment. Good luck