Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice

my tongue and tonsils i have been on amoxicillin

Customer Question

i have had a feeling of something stuck in my throat for about 7 or 8 days the doctor said my esophugus was red and inflammed but not as red now i have a little pus on my tongue and tonsils i have been on amoxicillin since sunday the 27th sometimes i guess i am scared to eat as im afraid i will choke and i have no cough no fever no vomiting and i sleep fine at night it goes away sometimes then it comes back
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 6 years ago.
Hello.The feeling of something stuck in the throat coud be due to the tonsillar infection,enlargement of the lingual tonsils (which is a extension of the tongue into the throat till the adams apple)due to infection or growth/food allergies/reflux acidity/layngeopharyngeal reflux. Since you are having tonsillitis,it is likely that the sensation of a lump is due to the infection.Use of antibiotics and analgesics may cure the problem.Such feeling of a lump in the throat may also occur due to anxiety or panic disorder(Globus Hystericus).Antianxiety drugs and antidepressants will help if it is secondary to stress or anxiety.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so stress and anxiety would cause this also it seems that when i dont think about it im fine the doctor did give me anxiety pills to take in case i have a episode he also told me to take flonase then last nite my head hurt when i bent over and also by my eyes do you think this will go away in time or become more serious
With correct diagnosis and treatment ,the problem should settle down soon.I am certain matters will improve with therapy.Analgesics will help with the pain and antianxiety pills will help.