Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

my daughter is on monotrim antibotic 3ml everynight since october

my daughter is on monotrim antibotic 3ml everynight since october as a preventive to kidney infections she had a dmsa scan done and is waiting a reflux scan to be done shortly
last week she came down again with another infection and also thrush because she had another infection while on antibotic is there a likelehood that it is reflux and why did she get another infection while on prenventive antibotic my doc seems to think that the thrush caused the infection she is fine since she didnt have a temp with this infection

Just on the basis of an another infection; this cannot be concretely concluded that it is a reflux but there is an high chance of presence of reflux. The preventive antibiotic does not give 100% immunity to the infection. The organisms develop the resistance to the antibiotic and there are many organisms which are not sensitive to the particular antibiotic (Monotrim).

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun