Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS

2 and a half months ago i got a sharp pain in my left flank

2 and a half months ago i got a sharp pain in my left flank my doc sent me to a + e where they did an abdominal and pelvic ct scan which showed a 2 mm kidney stone in my left kidney they also did a pelvic ultrasound which was clear.since then ive had a dull ache in my left flank lower back left hip and pelvis then 2 weeks ago i began to have loose stools gas and stinging in my abdomen .on sunday i had diarrea for few hours then next day my stool was hard went to my doc and hes not worried as ct was clear and so were my bloods now in tender around my anus help im worried?????
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 6 years ago.

Is there any urinary complaints like burning, change in color or frequency?

Any blood in stools or black colored stools?

Any other medical illness?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no other illnesses no blood in stool or black colour i have a panic disorder

Thanks for the reply.

The flank pain would have been due to the kidney stone which must have passed down.The pain then subsides immediately once the stone is passed which is to be confirmed by scans.

The diarrhea is due to infection of the colon and can cause some peri anal pain and burning.It usually subsides in a day or two.There is relative constipation as the bowels are emptied due to diarrhea and remaining stools remain in the bowel for more time and gets hard.

If the CT is clear and the blood work is clear, then there is no need to worry.Just keep yourself hydrated and eat healthy and everything will fall into place.

I hope this relieves your anxiety.