Nurse Susan
Nurse Susan, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN, BSN, MSN-ED, Nurse Educator whose passion is helping people understand their health and wellness

I was born female, but have wanted to be male since before

Customer Question

I was born female, but have wanted to be male since before I could remember. After changing my name legally, what are the next steps to Officially becoming male? Where is the easiest/ cheapest/ best quality source for Testosterone (injections)?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Susan replied 6 years ago.

Hello Jacustomer,

I hope I can help you here. Transitioning to a male appearing body and becoming a man is not something done lightly nor should it be done without supervision by a doctor. In fact, sex reassignment surgery wont and cant be done unless you have a physician's referral and approval; psychological counseling is needed to be sure the candidate is truly willing and has the mental capacity to stick to this pretty much irreversible course. Its also required that you live as a man for at least a year prior to sex reassignment surgery.

I suggest highly that you consult with a physician who is VERY familiar with this area of medicine. The website of Kink Aware Professionals may help you to find a doctor who is sensitive to the special needs transsexual people have and who can treat you with kindness and compassion. Here is a link to them:

Here also is the website of a sexual reassignment center:

Doing this on your own can be fraught with dangers; testosterone obtained through less than licit means can be impure, and you wont know what doses to use.

I hope I was able to help,