Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience:  M.D.

what are the symptoms of a swollen bile duct on the bladder

Customer Question

what are the symptoms of a swollen bile duct on the bladder and what is the remedy
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 4 years ago.
As bile duct drain the bile into the intestine from the gall bladder so when ever there is swelling of the bile duct the following symptoms will appear-

1.Jaundice due to improper drainage of the bile into the intestine & retention & absorption of it in to the systemic circulation.

2.Yellowness of the sclera,eyes,& skin.

3.White colored stool.

4.fatigue.

5.Pain in right upper side of abdomen.

First the cause of this condition should be searched by investigations,generally there is stone in bile duct which does lead to swelling (choledocolithiasis)The treatment of this is surgical removal of the stone which can be done by key hole surgery or by ERCP & SPHINTERECTOMY (where a scope is passed through the mouth & sphincter where bile duct opens is cut & stone removed.)

Hope this will help you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no because my pain is mainly on the right side area of my kidneys
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 4 years ago.
You did asked me about the symptoms of swollen bile duct but it looks that it is not yet diagnosed with investigation ,please give me details about your symptoms so that i can help you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
iv had 3 consecutive infections im left with this pain in my kidney after i had a what do you call it women get it when they are pregant and the outcome was a swollen bile duct on my bladder
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 4 years ago.
Let me clear it ,the gall bladder is a different thing & urinary bladder is a different thing.You are most probably affected with infection in your kidney which is known as pylenephrits.The infection of urinary bladder is cystitis.It looks from your details that you are suffering from pyelonephrits.Provide me more details so that i can give you solutions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes it was a kidney infection 3 dr gave me more anibiotics but the pain is still there in my kidney i think they are sending me for tasts bad pain on kidneys
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for this valuable information.

For such type of kidney related infection first you should have a culture & sensitivity tests to know about the causative organism according to which a good antibiotic is prescribed,till then you should do following to have relief-

1.Drink good amount of water.

2.Take an analgesic like tylenol or a urinary pain killer like pyridium which also act in relieving the pain.

3.Generally the prescribed antibiotics for urinary infections are ciprofloxacin,cefixime,etc which can be prescribed by your doctor depending upon the reports of investigations.

Hope this will help you.
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience: M.D.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you but iv seen my doctor and she is doing the relevant tests
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 4 years ago.
This is a routine protocol for these cases & should be followed to start a treatment.Hope you will find an early relief.

With regards.