Ask Your Health Question and Get an Answer ASAP
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I shall be trying my best to help you as much as I can. Could you please help me understand your problem by giving me the following details:
1) Exactly for how long is this swelling been present?
2) Is your son running fever?
3) Does he have mumps?
4) Any injury to his testicles?
5) Any other symptoms/ significant medical conditions or significant past history?
Thanks. Shall be waiting for your reply.
1) Unsure for how long, but he noticed 2 days ago, when doing an exam on himself.
2) He is not running a fever.
3) He does not have mumps, and I don't believe that he would have been exposed to them.
4) He has been hit there before, he was kicked really hard during football about a year
and a half ago, and he does play sports alot, but he says he has not been injured
5) There are no other symptoms or medical conditions, he had surgery when he broke
his arm Sept. of this year and had to have a metal plate and rod put in, but that is it.
He says he has aching pain, but not shooting pain.
Thanks for the additional details. Having gone through your descriptions, with just a two day old history of this swelling, which is also painful, I feel that this might be due to “Testicular trauma with hematoma”. I think that his doctor would, besides carrying out a detailed examination, would also like to do an ultrasonographic scan of his testicle, and rule out the following possibilities as well:
(b) Testicular torsion
(c) Tumor with acute hemorrhage
Taking him to ER may help as he will require besides a doctor’s consult, maybe an ultrasonograhic evaluation also to reach/ confirm a diagnosis.
I hope that this information helps answer your query. Please feel free to inquire if you have any remaining concerns/ doubts, as it shall be a privilege and a pleasure to try and help as much as I can. Best wishes.