CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

My girlfriend was recently diagnosed with Herpes 1 with an

My girlfriend was recently diagnosed with Herpes 1 with an outbreak in her vaginal area. Tonight she is experiencing extreme pain in her legs with tingling and ongoing pain. This has been going on for a few hours now. Is there any relation between the two?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. Yes, herpes is a virus and is known to cause body aches, fever, chills and /or nausea. Ibuprofen according to package directions will help decrease the pain and help her to feel better. I hope this information helps you, please let me know if I can be of further help:-)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
General aches and pains are understandable as I understand it affects the nervous system to some degree, however this episode has her grimacing in pain as the pain runs through her legs. If this is normal to some degree, is there an associated duration? She is on the verge of tears and is a pretty tough girl, just seems excessive for a standard ache and pain.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Any time there is a viral infection there can be aches, but this does sound extreme. Is she running a fever?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She doesnt feel warm and she doesnt feel like she has a fever
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
try the ibuprofen, if it does not help with the pain, I would recommend she see her Doctor for an examination to rule out other possible causes.

Edited by CamilleRN on 7/1/2010 at 3:19 AM EST