CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

i am 36yrs old and trying so hard to figure this out i have

i am 36yrs old and trying so hard to figure this out i have palpatations and lightheadness and restless leg syndrome and serious fatigue for 7 yrs now have had an angio in 2006 was clear no coronary artery disease had 4 echos all ok except minor leakeage from tricuspid and mitral valve,had stress test all good, then went for the gusto in 2008 had transescophagal echocardiogram that came out perfect valves were normal but yet i suffer these symptoms all the time any ideas to look into can anyone help me my lvef is 75% plus the pther part is i feel every single heartbeat i have
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today.In the absence of cardiac prooblems, What you most likely experiencing is ANXIETYwhich can cause all of the symptoms you are experiencing.

IF THIS IS THE CASE, it will help you tremendously to use correct breathing techniques. Try this:

Incorrect breathing van leave you exausted and tense. Place one hand on your chest and another on your adomen and breathe.. which one is moving?. I will bet it is the one on your chest... this is not proper breathing. You can help alleviate symptoms with abdominal breathing. To abdominal breathe ( which is a much more effective breathing technique) place one hand on your abdomen and one hand on your chest... watch to see which rises. It should be the abdomen, NOT the chest.Practice breathing using your abdominal muscles... (as I said, to breathe with chest muscles causes fatique, chest tightness, increased anxiety and increased heart rate and dizziness) by taking in a slow deep breath through your nose.. making sure only the hand on your abdomen moves, slowly.. and exhale showly through the mouth.. your abdomen should flatten with exhalation. Do this three breaths at a time. Breathing correctly will immediately eliminate anxiety thus lowering your heart rate and minimizing palpitations ....every time. I hope this information helps you. If you have more questions, please feel free to let me know;-)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
anxiety seriously thats your answer for 7 yrs straight almost ever day anxiety??
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
YES ....It can go on indefinitely...do you discount that possibility?

Edited by CamilleRN on 7/1/2010 at 2:41 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes because im not anxious and to be honest this all started on a vacation went to denver colorado and started in a 5 min palpatation run and since that day i have never felt the same still think anxiety
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Once a person experiences a bout of anxiety... it tends to recur over and over for years,it is a learned response that is easily reinforced again and again. Speaking from a ton of experience ( I am a Psychiatric Nurse), when symptoms CAN NOT be explained through medical tests, it is very often Anxiety. For the heck of it, next time it happens try the breathing technique. Also I want to tell you that palpitations are normal in most cases... some people are more aware of them than others. As a side thought...Have you had your thyroid checked?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes years ago and is it normal to have this go on all day every day with sweating
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.

I would recommend you have your thyroid checked again, because your symptoms can certainly be due to a thyroid problem. It's not normal to have this go on every day. You have had cardiac studies now you need endocrine studies to rule out a hormonal cause. In the mean time please do try the breathing , regardless of cause it should help you:-)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok so you agree with those results there is no cardiac issues to worry about someone told me lvef 75 is high and i have cardiomegaly this individual is not a doctor
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Ejection fraction is a test that determines how well your heart pumps with each beat. Left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) is the measurement of how much blood is being pumped out of the left ventricle of the heart (the main pumping chamber) with each contraction. A normal LVEF ranges from 50-70%, 75 may be indicative of hyperthyroid or other issues, what did your cardiologist say about this?

Edited by CamilleRN on 7/1/2010 at 4:02 AM EST