CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

senior taking Lithium do to prepare for 4 or 5 hours in the sun?

What should a senior taking Lithium do to prepare for 4 or 5 hours in the sun?
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. Photosensitivity is not listed as a problem with Lithium however, DEHYDRATION due to sun esposure IS a problem. Use an umbrella if possible. You will need to make sure you drink extra fluids ( water is best) prior to, during, and after exposure, and as a good general measure make sure to use sunscreen, seek shade as much as possible and if you begin to feel weak, go to a cool place immediately. I hope thid informastion helps you, please let me know if I can help you further:-)