Your symptoms point to restless leg syndrome (RLS). RLS can develop as a result of certain conditions or factors, particularly iron deficiency and peripheral neuropathy. Other causes are folate or magnesium deficiency, amyloidosis, diabetes mellitus, lumbosacral radiculopathy, or vitamin B-12 deficiency. The other causes for your symptoms to consider would be;
1) Neuropathy; can occur due to vitamin B12 deficiency or diabetes
2) Peripheral Vascular Disease; this can be due to high cholesterol, age, diabetes, tobacco
3) Radiculopathy; degenerative discs in spine.
Following investigations are advised to ascertain the cause;
1) A complete iron panel including iron levels, ferritin, transferrin saturation, and total iron binding capacity.
5) thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH),
6) vitamin B-12, and folate.
Following measures would be helpful;
1) Avoidance of caffeine, alcohol, or nicotine (if take them).
2) Exercise like stationary bicycle, stretching exercises for legs.
a) Pramipexole (Mirapex)
b) Ropinirole hydrochloride (Requip)
Please feel free for your follow up questions.