Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

recently everytime i eat something i feel sick. it feels like

recently everytime i eat something i feel sick. it feels like the food is just sitting in my stomach and ready to come back up again, i have tried laxatives as i thought i might be constipated and explain the bloating as well but i dont think so. i have also been getting pains and aches in my middle to lower back and have a general feeling of being unwell, lethargic and very tired all the time

Are you diabetic?

Any significant past medical or surgical history?

Do you have nausea/vomiting, constipation, loss of appetite, heartburn?

Does any specific type of food increases the bloating and pain?

Is there any specific point of tenderness?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
im not diabetic and have a clean bill of health with no major surgery or medical history.

yes i feel sick everytime i eat and it wouldnt be the first ive been sick just to get the sickness feeling away or i start to sweat, burn up and feel dizzy. no constipation as far as im aware but i havent been eating as much as end up feeling sick and have been getting bad heart burn recently.

not that i have noticed just my normal food in general

and my lower back near my kidneys i think

You are very welcome.

Following are the possibilities for this pain;

1) Gastroesophageal reflux disease (also called as GERD or reflux)

2) Peptic ulcer

3) Gall bladder stones

A very small possibility of pancreatitis may be considered if above can be ruled out. You may start following treatment;

1) Antacids; PeptoBismol / Maalox / Tums

2) Acid blockers; Prilosec

3) Avoid fatty food, deep fried and junk food.

Above medicines are available without prescription.

If these measures are not effective you will need an ultrasound and upper gastrointestinal endoscopy (camera exam) for evaluation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i was diagnosed with reflux about 4 years ago when my symptoms was very sharp pains in my chest and i think the drug i was given was lanzoprazale? so do u think if i were to take 1 of them now it should help with this?

Thank you for your quick response

You are very welcome.

The prilosec is same group as Lansoprazole and in all likelihood both of them should be beneficial.

It is pleasure and privilege assisting you.

I hope this was helpful to you. If it was, please remember to ACCEPT the answer so I can get compensated for my work. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. I am truly privileged to help you, and I want to make sure that you are satisfied with the answer. Good luck!

Dr. Arun