Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir Javed, Doctor
Experience:  Master in Internal medicine (London), MBBS, expert in health and fitness (six years experience)

the past week every morning upon waking ive had loose stools

the past week every morning upon waking ive had loose stools yellowish in colour maybe 2 movements in an hour went to my doc and he diagnosed ibs.then yesterday morning when i woke i got diarrea this lastest a few hours.now today i had a slightly loose bowel movement this morning it was dark brown now i just did a solid one that was brown with dark spots whats going on??
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Amir Javed replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. I would like to have few details from you. any abdominal pain with it? dark spots are jet black in color? stools are greasy, foul smelly & floaty? any fever with it? any nausea or vomiting?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
jusy gasy no severe pain no the dark spots arent jet black like a very dark brown not greasy but some floated no fever or vomiting
Thanks for your details. I have reviewed your history & symptoms in detail and come to the conclusion that there are few important possibilities which should be investigated for your acute diarrhea and these are malabsorption syndrome, food allergies, small bowel disorders, gastroenteritis (infective). Irritable bowel syndrome is a disease of exclusion and there should be proper evaluation and tests done for diagnosing IBS. I will advise complete tests for you such as fecal fat measurement, stool culture & analysis, ESR, c-reactive protein, abdominal scan. You might need capsule endoscopy if nothing found in the above tests. Try to have plenty of fluids and see gastroenterologist for complete evaluation and the tests which I mentioned. In cause of infective cause you might need antibiotics to cure that. Take Tab. Imodium if the stool frequency increases. Best wishes.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i had an abdominal and pelvic ct scan 2 months ago it was clear and had my bllods checked last week they were clear too do u think it could be cancer very worried now
I would say no this dont seems to me cancer because of your symptoms. Try to have those tests which I mentioned and leave those which you already have done in the last few weeks. Capsule endoscopy for diagnostics is important for you. I will again recommend you to see gastroenterologist for complete evaluation and tests. Treatment should be done according to the cause identified. Best wishes.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok if it was cancer would something have shown up in ct scan and bloods??
Yes there is a possibility that cancer can comes up in the CT scan but not in blood test. There is a special blood test which might help in detecting bowel cancer and that is Carcinoembroynic antigen test. The gold standard test for bowel cancer is colonoscopy. Bowel cancer is highly unlikely because of your different symptoms & young age. Dont stuck your mind to cancer only, I didn't mention anything like that in my list of possibilities. Follow the guidelines which I gave you above and you will find those helpful. Best wishes.

Best of luck
Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir Javed, Doctor
Experience: Master in Internal medicine (London), MBBS, expert in health and fitness (six years experience)