CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

I haVE NUMBNESS IN MY THIGH ABOVE LEFT KNEE (IT IS ONLY ON

I haVE NUMBNESS IN MY THIGH ABOVE LEFT KNEE (IT IS ONLY ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY LEG RIGHT AT THE KNEE CAP AREA) - IT RADIATES DOWN MY MY RIGHT OUTER SIDE OF LEG.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. I would recommend you see a Neurologist, this may be due to a nerve problem in your back, or buttocks ( sciatica). Here is some information on sciatica to compare:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sciatica/ds00516

I hope this information helps you, please let me know if I can help you further:-)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i DON'T HAVE ANY BACK OR ORTHOPEDIC SYUMPTOMS. i RECENTLY HAD TWO HEART RELATED STINTS IMPLANTED (JANUARY AND MARCH 2010). cOULD THIS HAVE SOME RELATIONSHIP OR THERE MIGHT BE VASCULAR DISEASE IN MY LEG ARTERIES. lEADING UP TO THE STINTS WAS A A FAINTING INCIDENT. sHOULD i GO BACK TO ANOTHER VASCULAR CARDIAC RELATED SPECIALIST.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Numbness radiating down the leg from the knee is probably neurological....its ok to see your vascular doctor and ask him if he feels it might be nerve related.