Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

Feels like a ball in the center of my stomach right above my

Feels like a ball in the center of my stomach right above my naval. Acompanied with gas and heartburn. Feel pretty good thru out the day but symptoms worsens when laying down to sleep. Acid reducers help some what with the pain.

Greetings,

Sorry for the problem.

Please let me know a little more about the symptoms to answer you better. Since how long the symptoms are there? What is the size of the ball? Do you feel the ball all the time? How is the consistency? Any other symptom? Any test ? Any significant past illness?

Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I feel it inside my stomach. Not to the touch. Have felt it for the last 3 or 4 yrs more or less. I did have a gastrologist perform a endoscpoy on me about 6 yrs ago and found that i had acid reflux and a small hernia in my stomach.
Thank you for the input.

I shall try my best to explain the condition. Acid peptic disease or reflux can cause the feeling of ball due to distension of the gas. However if there is any feeling of mass then the probabilities of growth,aneurysm in the aorta etc need to be excluded. I would recommend you to get a review by gastroenterologist. Ultrasound, scan etc can be needed. In addition to medicines for reflux, you need to have some life style modification like avoiding tea, coffee, alcohol, tobacco which aggravate the condition. Take bland non spicy, low fat diet. Avoid late night food. You can also have the head end of the bed raised. In some cases H. Pylori infection may also precipitate acid peptic disease, reflux. You need to have a check for that too if not already done.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.