CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

what causes small white pus bumps in the back of the throat

Customer Question

what causes small white pus bumps in the back of the throat by the uvula
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. Are you asking for your child?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.

Thank you. White bumps in the throat can indicate strep throat or another infection including tonsillitis.

( photo strep throat)

I would recommend you call her Doctor and let him know about the white spots and ask if he would order an antibiotic over the phone as it is the weekend. IN the mean time, ibuprofen according to package directions will help with swelling and pain, plenty of fluids will also help. Ask her to rest to conserve energy. I hope this information helps, please let me know if I can help further:-)