CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

hi, on the side of my right breast, towards the ribcage, i

hi, on the side of my right breast, towards the ribcage, i have an area that feels more fiberous and ropy. in that area i have a small lump that can be moved all around upon palpation. the deeper i press in, the lump feels firmer. it is about 1/2 cm, rubbery, slips out of grasp, oval and attached the fibers but not to overlying skin.
my doctor said this felt normal. still so nervous! your impression?
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. It is almost certainly a fibroid by your description, but I would ask your Doctor to order a Mammogram and/ or an ultrasound so that you can have some peace of mind. I hope this helps you,please let me know if I can help you further:-)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you. i was anxious during my exam and my doctor was VERY reassuring. she said it was very small and mobile. i am going away for 4 weeks and am not able to do further tests right now.
of course, if there is any change in growth of firmness, i will follow up while away or come home.
i can't seem to shake my anxiety but don't want to ruin my travels with worry.
by firboid, do you mean fibroadenoma or just fibrocystic change? i recent pregnancy loss at 9 weeks may have added to hormone fluctuations.
thank you!
Fibrocystic breast disease, also called fibroids, fibrocystic changes or fibrocystic breast condition is very common and very benign , its good to note that 60% of women have this. I honestly believe your Doctor is correct and you have NOTHING at all to worry about:-) Have a wonderful vacation!!!