Dr.S.A.Alam
Dr.S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(Internal medicine/cardiology) MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

I hit my eyebrow bone on an open door as i turned my head.

I hit my eyebrow bone on an open door as i turned my head. It hurt really bad for a few seconds then stopped. This happened over 18 hrs ago. No headache, no nausea, no dizziness, just a sensitive area on my brow. This morning i was slightly off balance and slightly nauseated. But it passed. There is now pressure on that side of my face and ear. The length of the door also hit my cheek but most of the impact was on the lower brow. I have also been suffering from sinus problems and an upper respritory thing for the past 3 weeks. So i'm not sure if it's the cold, or the bump.I went to the Dr and let them know about both but didn't seem too concerned about the knock to the eye. Gave me antihisamine and antibiotic for a possible sinus infection. Should i be checked again for the knock to my eye or should i be okay?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.S.A.Alam replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question,

Did you fell during the episode of dizziness ?do you have headache ? neck stiffness ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, i didn't fall. No headaches, no stiff neck.

Thank you for your input,

If this episode of off balance, dizziness and nausea occurred for once then it can be of

no significance and can be due to transient drop on blood pressure during standing

position and does not warrants further investigations.

If this occurred more than once and is increasing in intensity then there is a possibility of

deeper damage to the brain tissue which should be investigated by CT scan of the brain

to rule out bleeding in the brain cavity.

I hope this answers your question.