Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

i have just noticed a small breast lump. it is under my breast

i have just noticed a small breast lump. it is under my breast toward the outer edge rib area, where a bra underwire would be.
it is a fairly round or oval shape, smooth firm and rubbery. it can be moved back and forth and it somewhat tender to do so. it is about the size of a small pea.
i am so worried! i feel terrible. is this worrisome, please advise.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the excellent description of the lump. From what you describe, this does not sound like a malignant or dangerous mass. Most likely this is a benign cyst or a fibroadenoma. You should certainly see your doctor to get checked to know for sure. A mammogram, ultrasound or a biopsy may be done for this.
Regards.