Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

Today I had to leave work early because my BP ws 187/111

I was recently admitted into the hospital on last Thursday for BP 220/127. I was released Friday. Today I had to leave work early because my BP ws 187/111. I was given prescriptions for Lisinopril 40 mg. 1 in morning 1 in evening. Norvasc 10 mg in morning and Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg. I just checked my BP and it is 180/113 with a pulse rate of 98. I have an appointment at my PCP tomorrow at 2:00 PM. I have not been doing anything strenuous. I have been sitting down for the past two or three hours. Could you advise me on what I should do? Should I go back to the ER or wait until my appointment with my PCP tomorrow?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.

Sorry for the problem.

Your blood pressure is quite high. I would recommend that you should go to hospital. A persistent BP above 180/110 is considered as hypertensive crisis. Please read this resource too.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.