Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience:  M.D.

wondering i have been wierd sensations in my head and dizziness

Customer Question

ya i was wondering i have been wierd sensations in my head and dizziness and lightheaded for like 5 days now. Today my left leg and left arm is numb feeling and i aslo have a sore throat that started today just wondering what all this could mean
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 6 years ago.
Will you please answer some questions so that i can help you-
1.Since when it is there?
2.History of high blood pressure?
3.Stress or anxiety?
4.Aggravating or reliving factors?
Please reply.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no high blood pressure at least there wasnt when i checked the other day. This started on Thursday last week. So its been almost a week. I do have stress in my life but have never been diagnosed with it. About 2 weeks ago i had a panic attack first one of my life and i have felt anxious since. Life changes would be i got rear ended and had whiplash about 3 months ago had a sore neck for a couple days. Also started working out 3 weeks ago. There is alot going on in my life right now that arent going great and new changes coming up.
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 6 years ago.
By looking at your details if there is no present stress in the presence of old history of whiplash injury & present sore throat your dizziness & light headed ness may be due to sore throat & it is due to increases local circulation in area surrounding the brain.
But if your numbness feeling continue to increase & if it increased with movement of neck or coughing action then you should get it evaluated by a neurologist.In that case you may need a MRI scan to have a clear picture.Till then i will advice you to have a complete bed rest wit plenty of liquids & an anti inflammatory analgesic like advil for relief of associated pain & inflammation.

Hope this will help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ya the dizziness and lightheadeness was first then i got a sore throat then the numbness in leg and arm im just afraid i have a brain tumor. But at times i think its anxiety because i cant stop thinking about it
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 6 years ago.
It is supporting that you have these symptoms due to sore throat .
Brain tumor does not occur suddenly,there symptoms generally appear slowly & continuously ,there is headache,localizing signs of the area involved.
Most probably present symptoms will be resolved with disappearance of sore throat.You should keep relaxed yourself & should put stress on good diet containing fresh fruits & green leafy vegetables.

Hope this will help you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

hey just a follow up of what i told you before. I went to the doctor and he recommended i go see a neurologist but said everything seemed alright. He did give me ativan which since i havent had numbness and dizziness has but i still get small head rushes not as bad as before but they are still there any ideas thanks

Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 6 years ago.
Nice to see you here again.
Ativan is drug which is useful in relieving anxiety & stress.The anxiety doe also lead to these symptoms.These small rushes will also go away with time.Most probably if you have relieved from your sore throat symptoms then there should be no other symptoms.
hope this will be helpful.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
also my stool has been green all week today it seemed almost mucusy
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 6 years ago.
Do you also have diarrhea?
Did you increase the intake of green foods?
Is there any associated abdominal pain?
Please reply.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no its not diarrhea and probably have ate more green foods recently and no andominal pain
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
although did i have real loose stool a few days ago
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 6 years ago.
The green stool is generally caused by -
-High intake of green foods like chlorophyll,iron,algae.

-By use of antibiotics.

-Increase transit time of food in gut.

-Laxative use

-Malabsorption syndrome

If you have taken an excess of green food then it may be the reason for green stool & on your updated post if you had the diarrhea recently then this problem will go away on its own.Please check for any antibiotic intake which may lead to alternation in antibiotic flora of the gut & may lead to green stool For this you may add probiotic preparation to your diet which will help in relieving this issue.

Hope this will help you.