Valarie
Valarie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  36+ yrs exprience medical, surgical, wound/skin care, nutrition, geriatrics, rehab, management
16698619

Sorry but I did not understand that I should reply diredtly

Sorry but I did not understand that I should reply diredtly to you.Your reply was ok but I thought that a doctor should reply regarding the medications that I take: Lipitor, Plavix, Asperin, Niaspaan and Metropolol for my heart condition and also Flomax and Proscar for BPH.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer with your question, and welcome.

The expert you were working with before has not replied because you have "opted" her out, so she in not able to respond on that question page.

At any rate, the medications you are taking can have some side effects. Flomax has a common side effect of cough. It also has a common side effect of sinus inflammation that could cause cough due to postnasal drip as well as the phlegm.

Metoprolol can have a side effect of "shortness of breath, even with mild exertion".

If your cough is not being caused by an infection or allergies that will eventually clear, your doctor may want to consider the possibility of side effects of your medications. Side effects can develop even after taking medications for years. He should consider the Flomax first, since the side effect of cough and sinus inflammation are listed as common.

I realize you may have wanted a doctor to reply to you, however please know that nurses and nurse practitioners (as well as pharmacists) are very knowledgeable, and have many years of experience dealing with side effects of medications.

Be well.