A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I have anul pain and bleeding, blood in bright, there is a

I have anul pain and bleeding, blood in bright, there is a very sore spot that is very painful at the inside of the right anul, and there is a small red lump that is painful to touch. Only painful doing bowel movement. I had a colonoscope about six months ago, no signs of bleeding. I have been taking antibiotis and applying antibiotic scream for about a week, There is still no relief. My doctor did not give me any further advice. What should a do, aren't there specific procedures that can detect what it is, and to cure me of whatever is causing the pain and bleeding? That You. Les C.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 years ago.
Hello, Les,

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. The red bump is most probably a hemorrhoid. They are similar to varicose veins and are aggravated by constipation. They can occur both inside the anus and outside and both types can cause bright red blood when they are irritated. Over-the-counter hemorrhoid creams may make you more comfortable, possibly alternating with the topical antibiotics.