Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

40 yr. male, left scrotum engorged painful, 2 large blood clots

Customer Question

40 yr. male, left scrotum engorged painful, 2 large blood clots on left leg now formed.
His scrotum has been growing for 7 yrs. and increasing in size. Can you give me an opinion?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.
dear customer,

did you have the sonography of scrotum done?
any associated fever, redness, discharge?
which side is effected?
does the swelling increase or decrease in size?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm sure you tried but you didn't answer my questions. I'm not happy with your reply
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.
dear customer,

The increase in size of scrotum can be due to various causes like hyrpcele, hernia, testicular tumour, cyst, vericocele, haematoma, etc.

As per the symptoms you should have the relevant investigations for him like blood counts, sonography, ct scan and physical examination by urologist/doctor to know the associated abnormality.

The treatment is according to the underlying cause.The surgery may be needed in some cases.

The testicular biopsy will also help to know about the type and cause of such mass.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!