Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I have been taking etodolac for about 5 months now. my pain

Customer Question

I have been taking etodolac for about 5 months now. my pain in my knees and feet is still there but not as bad, but now I am having constipation and starting to have a rash on my chest and back and I still have no energy. can you help me?
Category: Health
Expert:  Family Physician replied 6 years ago.
Constipation is generally NOT a side effect of etodolac.

The combination of fatigue and constipation could be caused by a number of medical conditions including hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid), or a bleeding lesion in the colon.

You should make an appointment with your physician as soon as possible to have some testing for these symptoms.

The rash MIGHT represent an allergic reaction to this medication or it could be an unrelated skin condition.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am also taking calcium 600+d and a muscle relaxer a night to help me rest. I still wake up tried and stiff. Also when I set for 10 mins. or longer when I get up I am stiff and walk limping until I get everything moving again.
Unfortunately, without a complete medical history, an examination and some testing it would be impossible to determine the cause of these various symptoms. Each of these symptoms could come from a number of conditions. An examination is necessary to determine the cause and treatment.