Nurse Susan
Nurse Susan, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN, BSN, MSN-ED, Nurse Educator whose passion is helping people understand their health and wellness
5707095

few small things that I can do to tone my whole body

I am about to start college & need to get in shape but I won't have any space. What are a few small things that I can do to tone my whole body? Even just small equiptment? I'm looking for 1 or 2 things that i can use to do it all.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Susan replied 6 years ago.

Hello Britnee18,

There are several small things you can do and use. Free weights/ small barbells are tremendously adaptable,inexpensive, and available at sporting stores.. and can be used to work out the arms and the legs. I do leg presses while holding the free weights, thats how I use free weights for the legs. Some people have even held free weights while doing abdominal crunches for the extra workout for their abdominal muscles. If you have a staircase, then you have a stairmaster...you can run up and down the stairs for a good cardio work out if you've no medical conditions precluding that.

I hope that was helpful,

Sincerely,

Susan