Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

I got what I believe to be food poisoning last night - I ate

I got what I believe to be food poisoning last night - I ate some odd tasting shrimp and became violently ill about four hours later - vomiting, diareahea, horrible headache and became really spacy. I can't keep any liquids down yet and remain quite ill.

Here's my question - I am scheduled to have sinus surgery tomorrow morning - do I need to reschedule it or can I go ahead if I feel better by tonight?
I would advise you to call your surgeon and talk to him about your recent illness. Most likely the surgery will have to be rescheduled to a later date, so you are completely fit for surgery. Even if you feel better by tonight, your doctor will not be completely comfortable to perform the surgery tomorrow, so it would be best to call his office now and discuss it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you Dr. Singh,

I will call her office and speak with her or her nurse to determine the best course.

You are welcome.
Feel better soon.