CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

I WAS REALLY SICK WITH DIVERTICULIUS ON FRI & SAT & WAS IN

I WAS REALLY SICK WITH DIVERTICULIUS ON FRI & SAT & WAS IN BED MOST OF BOTH DAYS - NOT REALIZING THAT IT WAS DIVERTICULITUS, ON SUN, I ATE & FELT A LOT BETTER - THEN ON M0N, I LOOKED ON LINE & SAW THAT I SHOULD OF NOT BEEN EATING, BUT DRINKING A LOT OF LIQUIDS, SO STARTED MON AFT DRINKING A LOT & NOT EATING - NOW IT IS TUES & I HURT ONLY A LITTLE, BUT HAVEN'T HAD A BM, SO WAS WONDERING HOW LONG I SHOULD WAIT & WHAT I CAN DO TO HAVE A BM OR SHOULD I BE CONCERNED?
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. You really need to be on a regular daily fiber regimen. I would recommend you take Benefiber, available over the counter, aCcording to package directions, this will help ensure, regular, productive, formed, soft, predictable bowel movements daily. ( MAKE SURE TO TAKE WITH plenty OF WATER) I would recommend you continue a fluid diet through today and see how you feel tomorrow. If pain develops you will need to see your Doctor to rule out an obstruction, which can often mimic the symptoms of diverticulitis. I hope this information helps you, please let me know if I can help you further:-
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I WILL GO GET SOME BENEFIBER & TAKE IT TODAY WITH A LOT OF FLUIDS - I DON'T HURT A LOT, EXCEPT WHEN I COUGH & WILL STAY ON A LIQUID DIET. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

You are very welcome ;-)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I AM GOING TO LEAVE THIS OPEN UNTIL LATER ON TODAY OR TOMORROW AM TO SEE HOW I AM FEELING - THEN I'LL LET YOU KNOW. THANK YOU - I HAVE PURCHASED SOME BENFIBER TO TAKE.

ok:-)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
TH E MAIN THING I AM CURIOUS ABOUT IS THAT I GOT SOME BENEFIBER & TOOK IT ALL DAY YESTERDAY WITH MILK, OJ, WATER & JUICE & WANT TO KNOW HOW LONG IT WILL BE BEFORE I HAVE A REGULAR BM!!! I HAVE NOT HAD A REGULAR BM SINCE LAST WED OR THUR & WANT TO BE SURE THAT IT IS OK. IS THERE ANYWAY THAT I COULD HAVE A OBSTRUCTION IF I AM HAVING REAL SMALL SOFT BM'S? AS SOON AS THESE ARE OK, I'LL BE CLOSING SO YOU CAN GET PAID. THANK YOU VERY MUCH -
yes it is possible to have an obstruction, but normally what you will see is liquid as it struggles to get past the blockage.. or pasty stool. Benefiber takes 2 to three days to begin to work. YOU HAVE TO TAKE in EXTRA WATER. If you have pain, you must seek medical attention as this can signify an obstruction.