Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate

Ive been prescribed by my doctor to drink Etifoxine for

I've been prescribed by my doctor to drink 'Etifoxine' for my anxiety disorder. I drank it an hour ago, and after 15 minutes or so i started getting pain in my chest. It felt like pain around the heart or one of the valves. The pain still comes and goes every minute or so. its bothering me, is this from the medication?

link for the medication
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
This could be due to the Etifoxine as this is an anti-anxiety and anti-seizure medication and this might cause you to have a rapid heart rate too - and if this is continuing I would recommend getting seen to ensure that you are not having a heart problem.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my heart beat had slowed down though. its not rapid but pain still comes and goes
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
This could also be due to the anxiety itself - and rapid heart rate, sweatiness, and not feeling in control and chest pain are all a part of anxiety - so this medication might help, and hopefully you have more of it available.