Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

My vagina lips were swollen. I went to a dermatologist who

My vagina lips were swollen. I went to a dermatologist who prescribed some Halcinonide ointment and metronidazole (anitbiotic) just in case of infection. I used the metronidazole a couple of times. It brought the swelling down. Three days later after stopping the swelling began again. I have been tested for STDs and everything is negative. What could be causing the swelling.
You probably do not have infection, but more of an inflammation and you might want to try a steroid cream - you can try an over the counter medication such as hydrocortisone, but you might need a higher prescription strength such as clobesterol - but I would recommend seeing an Ob/Gyn - not a dermatologist for this area of the body.