Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

lower abdomen..causing a pain in the lower left side of my back

i have a lump in my lower abdmen and i believe it's causing a pain in the lower left side of my back what could that be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.

Greetings,

Sorry for the problem.
Please let me know a little more about the symptoms so that I can try. Where is the precise location of the lump?How large? Soft or hard? Moves?How is menstruation? Is there any radiation of pain? Tenderness? How are stool & urine?

Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the precise location is in the lower abdomen it stretchs right across the abdomen, so i guess that is consider large, and it hard. menstratuation is fine nothing unsual there, just a slight pain sometimes i dont feel the pain atall. no tenderness stool and urine is fine. However lately i notice a pain in my lower left side of my back dont know if it's related.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

I shall try my best to explain the condition. Large lump in the lower abdomen or pelvis can cause a dragging effect on the ligaments or tissues supporting it. This can cause pain in the back. In some cases if the lump originates in the urinary system then also pain can be felt in the back. The other causes of large lump can be an ovarian cyst, fibroid of uterus & growth in other organs like colon, lymph nodes, bones etc. Ultrasound or scan can help to establish its nature. If you have not consulted doctor already,it will be prudent to get a consultation with doctor for examination,& investigations.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
would i need surgery to remove this lump, i'm afraid of surgery thats why i have not gone to see a dr as yet.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Not all lumps will need surgery. In case of infection , antibiotic can be the treatment. Now a days laparoscopy or minimal invasive surgeries can help in many cases. But if it is growth, then it can spread & can become difficult to treat. So I feel, you should get its nature determined without delay & get treated.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.