CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

pinhead size black bloodblister on my abdomen occasionally..mole

Customer Question

I get pinhead size black bloodblister on my abdomen occasionally. When it heals it leaves a small light brown spot like a freckle or mole. What could this be?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. You may be describing something called Petechiae, which is in most cases is HARMLESS blood leaking from tiny little capillaries just under your skin,which causes tiny red, black or purple dots( like a pinpoint). This can be due to medications ( such as heparin, sulfa etc..) or trauma to the area ( pinching, coughing forcefully, vomitting, etc..) I would recommend you show it to your Doctor to make sure it is Pettchiae and not a skin lesion ( such as skin cancer) I hope this information helps you, please let me know if I can be of further help to you:-)