Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

the tip of my left thumb is numb. No other fingers

Hello!

This is probably due to an injury of a small nerve branch in the thumb itself. Your chances of this improving with time are better the shorter time duration of the numbness. Are you aware of a recent injury to the thumb? This could be an important clue as to the cause.

I hope this information helps some. Further questions are welcome if you have others. If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to press the "ACCEPT" button. thank you and best regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have had no injury at all to my thumb. The only thing im currently suffering with is severe Sciatica. Could they be related?

Hello again!

No the thumb numbness is not related to your sciatica. You may have an entrapment or compression of a small nerve branch most likely near the point at which you have the numbness.

I hope this helps. Further questions are welcome if you have further. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So there is no need to really worry? I recently had a friend diagnosed with MS, so I'm a little on edge. Im a 32 year old, and Im just nervous.

Hello!

No, I would not be alarmed so much with this finding as it is so isolated.

Best regards,

Anthony bray MD