A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

sensations in my head..I havent any headaches recently though

Customer Question

I have a question about my health. For the past four days i have felt dizzy and lightheaded and have gotten wierd sensations in my head. I havent any headaches recently though. Although i do get headaches a couple times a month for many years. These sensations in the past couple days come and go sometimes they get worse if I stress about them if im busy i usually dont notice as much. Or if i get on the internet and read things that freak me out about what I may have like a brain tumor. My body feels alright for the most part besides my head. I do get a little sick to the stomach and have had some diareah please let me know what my diagnosis would be and what I should do as this freaking me out badly
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. No one can give a diagnosis of anything without an examination and the tests that are required based on the examination and patient history. Dizziness and lightheadedness can be from many things from food allergies to ear infections with lots of other possibilities in between. A brain tumor would not be anywhere near the top of the list. Since you are being freaked out by this unlikely cause, that makes anxiety disorder one of the possible diagnoses, but you will need to see your medical practitioner to determine what it is.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: dont understand.
dont understand
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.

I'm sorry you don't understand but that has nothing to do with the answer quality.

Perhaps I can make it a little simpler for you.

Dizziness and lightheadedness can come from:

• food allergies
  • ear infection
  • benign paroxysmal positional vertigo
  • anxiety
  • malnutrition
  • hypoglycemia
  • hyperglycemia
  • hypotension
  • hypertension
  • thyroid problems
  • eye problems

There is no way to tell what is wrong with you without seeing a medical practitioner in person. It is impossible to diagnose anything online.

Edited by Schuyler_ANP on 6/2/2010 at 3:16 AM EST